Hey there, Outlaw Gear family! Right here in Philipsburg, Montana, we're not just creating apparel; we're crafting memories. Our decorated pieces, be it screen print, DTF, HTV, DTG, embroidered, or dazzling with rhinestones, each have their own story and care requirements. Today, we're diving deep into how to keep these treasures looking as fresh and fabulous as Montana's pristine wilderness.
Understanding Your Decorated Apparel
At Outlaw Gear, every method, from screen print to Direct to Film (DTF), to Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV), Direct to Garment (DTG), intricate embroidery, and even the sparkle of rhinestones, is used to bring a bit of Montana magic to your wardrobe. Let's break down how to care for each unique style.
General Care Tips
- Read the Label: This is your cheat sheet for keeping your custom piece in prime condition.
- Turn It Inside Out: Protect those decorations from the rigors of washing.
- Gentle Detergents: Stick to the mild stuff to keep colors vibrant.
- Cold Water Wash: Hot water is a no-go for decorated apparel.
- No Bleach or Fabric Softeners: These can be harsh on decorations.
- Low Heat or Air Dry: High heat can be a decoration's worst enemy.
Specific Care for Different Decorations
- Be extra gentle.
- Avoid stretching the fabric to maintain the integrity of the print.
DTF (Direct to Film) Decorated Apparel
- Be Gentle When Washing: DTF prints are durable, but they appreciate a soft touch.
- Avoid Scrubbing the Print: This can cause cracking or peeling.
HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl) Decorated Apparel
- Low Heat Ironing: If you must iron, do it on the reverse side or use a pressing cloth.
- HTV Loves a Cold Rinse: This helps in maintaining the adhesive.
DTG (Direct to Garment) Decorated Apparel
- Wash Inside Out: This is especially important for DTG to protect the ink.
- Air Dry When Possible: DTG prints stay vibrant longer when air-dried.
- Be Mindful of Snags: Embroidery can catch on zippers or buttons, so wash separately or in a mesh bag.
- Ironing: Use a thin cloth over the embroidery when ironing to avoid direct heat.
Rhinestones on Apparel
- Hand Washing is Best: To keep those sparkles in place, gentle hand washing is key.
- Avoid Direct Ironing: Direct heat can dislodge the stones.
Spot Cleaning Decorated Areas
- Quick Action: Address spills quickly to avoid stains.
- Blot, Don't Rub: Especially important for decorated areas.
- Mild Soap for Tough Spots: Gentle soap can help, followed by a cold water rinse.
Storing Your Custom Apparel
- Fold Heavy Items: To prevent stretching.
- Dry, Dark, and Spacious: The ideal storage condition for decorated apparel.
- Breathable Covers: If using garment bags, ensure they're breathable.
When to Go Pro
For those tough situations or intricate pieces, professional cleaning might be the best option. They have the tools and expertise to handle all types of decorations.
Caring for your Outlaw Gear decorated apparel means you can enjoy your piece of Montana for years to come. Whether it's the durability of DTF, the charm of HTV, the precision of DTG, the elegance of embroidery, or the glamour of rhinestones, each piece deserves the right care.
Remember, at Outlaw Gear in Philipsburg, Montana, we're more than just a brand; we're a community. So wear those custom pieces proudly, and don't hesitate to drop by or visit our website for more care tips, stories, or to check out our latest Montana-inspired creations. Keep shining in your custom apparel, just like the stars over Big Sky Country!